View Single Post
Old
01-29-2011, 09:58 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
Miserable options for HBL line.

First, HFboards and Broadstreethockey do a magnificent job covering and discussing the Flyers. If you're following the name the HBL line name issue, the final two possible names are Two and a half men and the tastykake kids according to a last man standing fan voting contest.

These names are horrible and not in the spirit of the Flyers. Are we honestly going to adopt either of those names? The original post stated that the results would be slipped to Jim Jackson for his suggested usage during the games.

I know it will be asked what my suggestion would be, since I'm criticizing the ones left standing. The best I've heard so far are the HartBreakLine and the LSD line (which probably would never happen in virtue of being a drug reference).

My other suggestion would be something like:

The DVS line. Danny, Ville, and Scotty.

When you say it outloud, it says "Devious", so it would be the "Devious" line.

And that's just off the top of my head. Can't we do better than Tastycake kids, which is bad enough to hear someone score for a box of one. It is unmanly. Or Two and a Half men, which is basically a knock on one of the tougher small guys around in a big man league?

I'm sure I'll get flamed, but it had to be said. Do not adopt either of those names. ugh.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote