vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
I would classify the real contenders this season to be the following:

Vancouver
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Philly

The 1A/1B concept is a reality for all those teams except detroit (Zett is a converted C so we could argue either way).. So why are people against it on our team? It might work, it might backfire...its a risk either way we go. Philly is knee deep with great Centers, 1 of them has to play out of position as well (giroux).

Im not saying get rid of stoll (I do forsee him being a 3rd line C on a Championship contender) or anything like that, but if we had a chance to put a Brad Richards in the mix, I wouldnt be against it. The team just lacks some skill on the top 6 right now. But with the influx of kids almost ready, I think Dean will just stand pat and see if Schenn, Lokti, Moller can fill the skill void for the next 2-3 seasons.
Noone is against it, most of us would like to have a 1a/1b situation but realize that for that to happen its going to cost us big time. Id much rather see DL go after a 1st line LW and fill that hole before anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
No one is saying Stoll is an awful player (well maybe Kurri), the only part of his game where he is awful is on the PP, where he is one of the worst in the league as far as players on #1 PP's.

Stoll does many good things and he might be a middle of the road 2nd line center, but I just don't see any team winning a championship with Jarret Stoll as the 2nd line center, and certainly not a team like the Kings who are very weak on the wing.

Hopefully Schenn can establish himself as a 2nd line center as soon as next season and then Stoll can become one of the better 3rd line centers in the league, assuming the Kings don't re-sign Handzus. Let Stoll take key draws, kill penalties, matchup against other teams top lines. That is where he would be most valuable, not being counted on as a PP player or consistent Top 6 producer.
The weakness on wing is a much bigger issue than Stoll being the #2.

Hoping that Schenn can do it to shove down a guy whos an established #2 makes no sense. Why push a guy down a line who can get the job done for someone who hasnt proven a thing?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote