View Single Post
Old
01-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Dark Shadows

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
Yeah but this was before I decided to learn more about players well before my time like morenz and mikita, two centers that are decisevly better than messier and now lidstrom has boosted his resume quite a bit since that post.

Most forwards born and raised in canada peak earlier, and the ones that dont have longevity suffer from lack of modern advances in technology.

This concept wouldnt really apply to harvey because very few defensemen peak early. Bourque didnt hit his peak until 87-94, lidstrom peaked in 1998, and the other defencemen outside the top 5 really pale in comparison to harvey anyways. Besides lidstrom, shore and bourque, there is no other defenseman that has similar credentials to harvey. The gap between defensemen in rankings is bigger than the gap between forwards. My criteria focuses more on seperating someone like stan mikita from a messier or sakic because his credentials are better and he was much better at 20-29 than they were.
Excellent. Now we are getting somewhere. I am happy that you took the time to learn about them, and that you are putting more thought into your rankings.

Dark Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote