View Single Post
Old
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Yes I'm sure you are. Just like the thousands of others who day after day set standards for Toronto that don't even remotely exist for anyone else in the league. Why just a few hours ago I listened to a Boston fan citing Kadri's size as a legitimate reason he might not make the NHL, despite the fact that at 19 he's already heavier than or within a couple pounds of all 5 centres currently on the Bruins.

Problem is most people here on HFBoards have little clue about what the norms actually are around the league and then they spout what Toronto needs (while holding them to a standard that doesn't exist elsewhere). Always amusing.....
I'd say that almost every fanbase on the board could make an argument that there's a bias against their team - it's the nature of the beast, fans of A will be down on B. Your statement about "spouting off about what Toronto needs" is applicable to the other 29 teams, too, IMHO.

And even though I don't know which B's fan it was or how the conversation evolved, I'm not sure that taking a single inaccurate and/or idiotic comment as proof makes sense. (I'd also argue that the B's centers are undersized & somewhat injury prone as a result, so comparing Kadri to them but that's off-topic at this point)

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote