View Single Post
Old
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
That's fine. You guys can have your opinion.

I'm in the minority and think that Gilly has a higher potential cap than MDZ.

Considering his puck-handling and speed.

And everyone focuses on Gilly's putrid year last year (I am not going to argue) but no one puts into considering MDZ's putrid year this year.

Gilroy "might" have had a bad rookie year considering it was his first year in the NHL. But people will crucify him because he is "24" and not a 'real' rookie.

Meanwhile, MDZ is suffering this year, but people come into his defense with the "sophomore slump." I find that a bit entertaining.
I don't see all the "potential" in Gilroy. He's playing like a solid #5/6 defenseman at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. His defensive awareness is still pretty bad, shown on the GWG against Florida, and the only GA in the Washington game.

Btw, Gilroy was 25 last year. And Del Zotto was 20 when he was playing terrible this year. You tell me there isn't a difference there? Del Zotto has shown the ability to be a good puck mover, putting up almost 40 points as a 19-20 year old, with Kotalik as his "big point shot". He's having huge confidence problems, and is overthinking the play most of the time. He didn't do that against Florida, and thus, looked pretty good.

And we have to remember, we're talking about a 20 year old millionaire, pro hockey player in New York City, who is admittedly good looking. Don't tell me(not you) he's not gonna be distracted with chicks/drinking/partying etc.