View Single Post
Old
01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Like I said before if Iginla's return is marginal to mediocre prospects, the Flames are better off keeping him. The Flames have Giordano and JBo locked up and many of their own defensie prospects. The Flames don't need LAs. The Flames are fine on defence and for depth forwards for a looooong time. The only need they have is elite scoring talent.

Iginla will probably put up 80-100 goals over the next 3 years. Even if he is declining, the Flames are better off keeping him unless the return is 1st line player or equivalent prospect who is considerably younger. Whoever wants Iginla will most certainly have to sacrifice youth and long term gain for a big short term boost.

You're obviously just a Canucks fan who wants to see the Flames fail as badly as possible.
If you think Aulie, who was a 4th round pick in 2007 and has had an overage year in junior and 3 years in the AHL to accomplished nothing is a better prospect than Derek Forbort who was #15 overall last year and is in his first year in college, well then I'm not much interested in your opinion on prospects.

And yes, I'm a Canucks fan, but Calgary is hardly even a rivalry any more, so I don't really care if the Flames fail. Welcome to irrelevance and enjoy the stay. Unless you rebuild, it's going to be a while.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote