View Single Post
Old
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... It's only a lame stat if it doesn't support your opinion. You can continue to ignore the fact that Doughty and Brown play better without Westgarth in the lineup; that's your choice. I hope that the coach of the team doesn't ignore it, though. You can say all you want about this player said and that player said they feel "protected" out there, but what in the hell would you expect them to say? "Uhh yeah Patrick, honestly Kevin does nothing for us and it's obvious that he can't play at all so you might want to ask the coach why he's out there and we're playing a man short because I don't make those decisions." Probably not gonna say that publicly, huh?

For the record, I'm not one that wants to remove fighting from the game. I'm saying that it is useless in this day and age with the instigator rule in place (and not going away anytime soon) to waste a spot in the lineup on someone who can't play NHL-level hockey. It's clear Westgarth can't, so he shouldn't be in there. Period.
So if we had someone not named Westgarth, but was a heayvweight who could play NHL level hockey but was fighting all the time, would you still want him on this team?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote