View Single Post
Old
07-11-2005, 11:13 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Actually I'd love to see him come back. Holland is a good 7-th d-man. He knows his limitations and plays within them. I look at the 7-th spot as someone you use ON OCCASION and NOT in the full-time role he was used in. Unfortunalely, the Kings have been rather injured over the past couple of seasons and Holland was put into a full-time role...He was quite capable in Manchester after the adjustment to playing in the SYSTEMS that were used last season...The systems used had the defensemen playing a more mobile and less physical game which should help him with his transition to the SEL game...Keep in mind that Holland does have an out clause should the Kings offer him a contract...

well I would still take the 7 dmen that jt listed over Holland. I dont know maybe I missed something but Holland did not show me enough to warrant plying with the Kings this year over what they have now in LA and you add in Weaver(yes i know he is on the small side) or even Grebs if he works on some things this summer. I agree thou that the Kings dmen were not asked to be physical. It was the system that was used.