Thread: Proposal: Minnesota-Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2011, 06:48 PM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Minnesota-Philadelphia

I just had this thought in a Wild thread. Made sense to me for both sides, don't tear me apart

Minnesota
Backstrom 6.00
Zanon 1.93

Philly
Couburn/ Carle 3.2/3.438 ( Don't know who makes more sense?)
Bobrovsky 1.75

Philly reasoning: Backstrom is veteran goalie, who although is expensive, has a lot of experience including playoffs and is frankly very good. He is locked up for a few years and would finally give Philly that true #1 goalie they have lacked since Esche. With Backstrom Philly would have a goalie to make their cup runs with. With Philly's D Zanon slides into the 3rd pairing role with I believe O'Donnell. That is a very good 3rd pairing. Zanon is a great shot blocker and has valuable playoff experience and can play big PK minutes as well as being a capable 17-20 min a night guy.

Minny reasoning: We get rid of a veteran with a big salary while we attempt a mini rebuild. We also get a young top 4 D which we need badly and also we gotta take salary back so Coburn/Carle make sense. Then we get a young goalie with #1 potential to come in and split with Theodore this year and can hopefully take over next season.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote