Thread: HockeyBuzz: Toronto-Philly?
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2011, 08:51 PM
leafmon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainbow Express View Post
When I opened the thread I fully expected the Kaberle for Carter deal.

Instead, I am met with an even more erroneous thought: that JVR for Giguere is the trade for us (granted it was made by a 15 post poster and not HB, but I digress). Trade 21 years old of top line potential for a 6 million piece of garbage that is a qualified back-up in the league? That is retarded.

Listen, I know we have a Cup window open here and we should really have a vet in net to maximize our Cup opportunity, but trading away assets that have helped get us to where we are now for a guy overpriced like Giguere is dumb. If we were trading nameless/faceless assets like draft picks then fine, but moving JVR? Hartnell? Talk about oveprlaying your hand at life. Take Shelley and Zherdev. Normally you would have to give quality to get quality, but this isn't 2007 and Giguere is hardly worth anything more than a draft choice.
You go to the one response that stands out from the rest. The vast majority don't expect any value so only you know why you went to the one you could blast but whatever,,,,flame on.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote