View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 08:52 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Taking points away from a guy who miss games because of war is like taking points away from Lemieux because of cancer.
Thing is, even if you optimistically credit Schmidt with his usual 5th-10th-place finishes for those seasons, he's still the weakest offensively of that bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Forever View Post
--------------------------

But we already do take points away from Lemieux because of cancer, .
NO WE DON'T

how long do you think Mario had cancer for?

In fact, the year in which he had Cancer is one of his biggest resume-building years. To my knowledge, no one says "well, he only played 60 games that year, not 84" and to GMs like you, it's still a 1st place finish regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
-I would say that fighting in a world war for three years takes it's tool on the body just as much as playing hockey
I was gonna ask, "but did he even really fight?" but Sturm answered that one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLuce20 View Post
I saw my handle mentioned in the last draft thread and figured I should say something. Sorry, as I know the draft thread probably isn't the best place.

I have lurked these various drafts for four years now and it has been a real pleasure for certain. Aside from the bond I share with my father over hockey, these drafts have probably grown my love for the game more than anything else.

I know it's just a fun hobby on an internet message board, but you guys are a real service to the game. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to partake in these drafts.
I appreciate that.