Thread: Waived: Stortini on Waivers
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Fraser has helped JFJ more than is commonly thought here. I think he would be a bigger key to JFJ's game right now than Stortini. Zac, more than JFJ seems to need a catalyst and I'm remembering that Storts best hockey ever was played with Glencross.

Which is why I don't use advanced stats in these instances. But the counting numbers are good. Few GA at anytime, a ton of hits, even chipping in a few goals and being physical and hard to play against.
I don't really know if I can agree with any of this. It's been pretty clear whenever I've watched him play this year (or any year, come to think of it), that he hasn't been the one driving any sort of positive results. Of the 3 goals he scored this year, I can clearly recall 2 of them being a direct result of Zach Stortini efforts. (I actually thought he only had 2 goals before I went back and checked. His 2nd was actually a pretty good play on his behalf. Nothing fancy, but he made a strong play along the boards to keep the puck alive in the offensive zone, then went to the net where he was on the spot to pick up the loose puck. Full credit to JFJ on that one).

The hitting and the physicality I can get behind. The "hard to play against" not so much.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote