View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
ozhenson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Volpatti has looked better as a rookie pro in 14 games than Stortini ever has, IMO. Storts is an awful fighter and hockey player. He has energy and he tries, but basically think of a more agitating version of Jeff Cowan--that is what Stortini would bring. No way in hell I'd take him over Volpatti, nor would I want him on the Canucks period.
What I have bolded I believe is the reason so many people are rushing to his defence here. The fact is, last year and an AWFUL Oilers team on many nights Zach was the only player trying. Because of this his impact was artificially inflated strictly due to every other player phoning it in.

This season on another, although the results arent there, the Oiler team indisputably puts in a much greater effort every game(ok...most games...). Therefore there is no longer any aspect of his game that stands out. He doesnt hit too well, he cant skate like an NHLer, doesnt have a good shot, an embarrassment when fighting. I would be SHOCKED if any team picks him up, there are similar but better players in pretty much every team in the leagues system.

ozhenson is offline   Reply With Quote