Thread: Speculation: Rentals
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Pitkanen was my choice a few weeks ago...but like i said then, if carolina remained in the hunt they would not be dealing him.

I do not want any part of Phillips. His best years are behind him. He is older and slower. He doesnt improve the defense we have right now. The only thing he adds is a veteran presence and that is not enough for me to trade for him. You dont make a move just for the sake of making a move.

We need a puck moving, offensive defenseman badly. We need that more than a center right now considering our centers have done a fine job to this point. Kaberle is the ideal man. It all comes down to how we do in the next few weeks imo. If this team can play well with a healthy squad, and i think it can, then that will convince sather to give up the assets to get Kaberle. Of course sather will not get fleeced, so if its too much he;ll pass. But if its do-able then you make the move. I really think this team, with all its players healthy, can be a force to be reckoned with. There was someone quoted at the All Star break (forget if it was a GM, player, or coach) saying that the rangers have become the toughest team to play against in the NHL. And thats without a full roster. I think they will do damage this month. I think they will not only make the playoffs but also be a serious contender.

Last edited by RGY: 02-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.
RGY is online now   Reply With Quote