View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I think the comfort zone is about 1" below the nose for me. It seems with lighter and better balanced sticks I can go a little longer for stickhandling, and that can generate a bit more power on the shot.

I found my shot power went way down with the Sakic curve compared to the Drury. So I've tried just about everything and the Drury just has so much more power on wrist and slap shots. Don't know why, it just does. A goalie friend said he was surprised how weak my shot was with the Sakic because it's usually pretty strong, so I switched and immediately the power went up. Just need to work a lot more on controlling the height of the puck in game situations.

The Ovechkin looks nuts...I saw the Kremlin in person and it's just crazy. I can see how he would get a lot of power and unpredictable release with that thing, especially with the super whippy sticks. But I have a tough time controlling the Drury in game, I can only imagine adding a curved blade component...
I should really give heel wedges another try, but the only one I've ever used is the Sherwood LI-PP5 curve, which I think is basically an Easton Lidstrom, and I didn't like it at all, even after using it for a few months.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote