Thread: Speculation: Rentals
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Theres really no reason to pick up a rental - maybe some experience on the blueline, but why? i know theres a few people that think we can really be contenders for the cup, but for the rest of us on planet earth, it makes little sense at this point.

Stand point and see what happens.
It doesn't make a difference what planet you call home as long as you get MSG. Take into account Lundqvist. The playoffs are a whole new ball game. Why not give him some experienced veteran help on the blue line. Especially on defense which is the hardest position to play in the playoffs for younger guys. We're not asking for a package including Andy Sutton and Paul Mara for Kreider, Thomas, Grachev, and a 1st rounder and see if they'll sleep on it.

The Rangers went toe to toe with the Flyers last season and because Jokinen sucks, they went to the SCF. I don't think it's a desperation move like the Islanders made to pick up Ryan Smyth just to show the fans they can make it to the playoffs once per decade. This team is much better than they were, "banged up." By getting some healthy players back, and adding few solid vets on the blue line, why can't we beat these teams in the East?

If I told you, before the playoffs got under way last season, that the Canadians are going to beat the Capitals and the Penguins without home ice advantage and a crappy Scott Gomez on line 2 then you certainly would have assumed that I live 2 galaxies over.

With Lundqvist you got to go for it now! And as mentioned, I don't think people are willing to give up anyone and everyone on the farm.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote