View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I mean, to an extent. The 1995 Devils were the 5th seed and won the Cup, the lowest seed to ever win it all. They were 9th overall in the league. Can it happen? Absolutely. Is it realistic? Probably not.

I'll reevaluate right at the deadline. I think our chances will be much clearer. Right now, though, I don't believe we're truly a rental away from winning a Cup.
Thats all ive been saying all along 2k2. I want to wait til the deadline to make such a move. My argument is that they will have a great february with a healthy lineup. If we do why not see what it takes to get Kaberle. If its too much then pass.

And rodent how is he a voice of reason? On the flip side how could you definitively say that Kaberle wont fit in this system. It works both ways. The guy is a skilled puck moving defenseman. We need that more than "snarl." Toughness hasnt been our problem. I mean cmon already, you guys watch every game seeing as your true blueshirt fans. You then know more than any other fan how many times this team has had chances to turn a game around on the PP this season and were unable to do so. The unsuccessful 5-on-3's. We need a Kaberle much, much more than tough defenseman. Who has bumped lundqvist this year? Who has been a problem in front? Dominic Moore bumped him and the entire rangers defense beat up on him the rest of the game. The issue is the need for an offensive defenseman.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote