View Single Post
Old
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
On the one hand we were talking about the eras being different... thus different point totals in the eras... and then you throw in the 40+ Recchi's early years to show that he had his 100 point years around the age of Giroux... How can we compare them when they were of similar ages in way different eras?

All players are different as are all organizations... Some teams that draft a high draft choice are lower in their development and tend to throw your talented players out there to have a greater impact on the team than a team further along that allows their players to take a back seat and develop slower. Some of those players you cite were thrown to the wolves out of the gate (Juniors) as teams saviors... The Flyers didn't with Giroux.

And some players increase their output and progress steadily before they have a breakout season... others have a great impact from the get go... all players are different; I believe Giroux will get better and has not yet reached anywhere near his peak. Of course I could be way off base.
I posted the stats for the last three seasons and this season earlier. The only players that have consistently gotten 100 points are Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, and probably soon-to-be Henrik Sedin.

Crosby and Ovechkin got their first 100 point seasons their rookie season. Crosby is as old as Giroux currently and Ovechkin is only two years older. Malkin had his first one his second season and is about as old as Giroux.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote