View Single Post
Old
02-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
You seriously think the team held off on back surgery on its best and most important defenseman until it made the most sense cap wise?

Back surgeries are far, far from a sure thing when it comes to rehabilitation time. Bertuzzi was supposed to miss 6-8 weeks with his and he ended up being out 5 months.
Yeah, I can't believe it's seriously being discussed either.

Quote:
This obsession of coming up with all kinds of ideas to get Sami Salo back into the line-up is so annoying. Without Salo in the line-up this year, the Canucks are on pace to set all kinds of franchise winning records. Salo coming back is just a bonus. It's not like the Canucks are clinging to a playoff spot and need him desperately. To try to get rid of the players who have contributed to the record so far (Bieksa, waiving Ballard, Samuelsson) or to fake an injury to the team's best defenceman just to insert Salo, who's coming off a serious injury, hasn't played in a year, and likely to get injured again, is so ridiculous.
Agreed. We obviously didn't need him to get into the President's trophy chase. Edler on the other hand was on pace for 13g 40a season. I see no way that the timing of this surgery is anything but coincidental.

Sure, having this core for the playoffs would be nice, but I wonder if we'll even see this core altogether at once this season:

Edler Ehrhoff
Bieksa Hamhuis
Ballard Salo
Alberts

Hammer79 is online now   Reply With Quote