View Single Post
Old
02-02-2011, 09:31 AM
wetcoastwhale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa Crisp View Post
I tend to side with Alesmarv on this one. It's quite possible that it was medically indicated that he have surgery within a given time frame with no serious risk of further injury. There are many injuries where that is the case.

Any MD's on the board are more than welcome to chime in.

If Gillis has the luxury of having a surgeon basically on retainer to perform the surgery when it best fits the Canucks time table, then good for him. Well played. No conspiracy here. Just shrewd asset management.
I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but if there had been a lingering underlying condition that required surgery, I think there would have been a lot more "maintenance days" leading up to the decision to proceed with surgery (I don't remember any, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen).

The Benn hit was an absolute blast of a check, and Benn still isn't back (at least for the game we had against them) and he isn't a small customer. I believe the official story that the dynamic nature of that collision caused/worsened the tear, making surgery inevitable.

wetcoastwhale is offline   Reply With Quote