View Single Post
Old
02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
See, I don't think he passes up as many golden chances as people think. Just because you're in a prime location, doesn't mean you have a ton of open net staring you in the face to put the puck. There's a reason his shooting % is as solid as it is. He also has a bit more load time on his shot than a guy like Carter (who can just whip the puck with very little effort) if he's going to get much on it.

He's currently pacing for a 31 goal season... which is rather impressive given that at any sort of range, Giroux is somewhat limited in the goal scoring department. Really don't think he's leaving that many goals on the table, if any.
Agree to disagree, I guess. It's not all the time, but I do think he passes up golden opportunities he shouldn't, leading to no shot on goal when there could be a good one. Having a high shooting percentage is fine, but when you're in the high/mid slot with a prime chance to take a shot but you pass it off to the perimeter and get no chance out of it, that's a bad thing.

His pace is great, but Giroux has the ability to score even more goals than he currently is. But more importantly, drawing more attention to himself as a scorer is only going to make being a playmaker easier.

I'm more than happy with his production, sure...but I think the next logical step is for him to make himself more of a threat. I think he has a decent scoring touch, and there's no reason for him not to make use of it when he's in a great spot to do so.

To that end, I think Leino needs to do the same thing as well.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote