View Single Post
Old
02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Agree to disagree, I guess. It's not all the time, but I do think he passes up golden opportunities he shouldn't, leading to no shot on goal when there could be a good one. Having a high shooting percentage is fine, but when you're in the high/mid slot with a prime chance to take a shot but you pass it off to the perimeter and get no chance out of it, that's a bad thing.

His pace is great, but Giroux has the ability to score even more goals than he currently is. But more importantly, drawing more attention to himself as a scorer is only going to make being a playmaker easier.

I'm more than happy with his production, sure...but I think the next logical step is for him to make himself more of a threat. I think he has a decent scoring touch, and there's no reason for him not to make use of it when he's in a great spot to do so.

To that end, I think Leino needs to do the same thing as well.
That mindset also leads to all the "how the **** did he see that guy" goals that Giroux sets up.

The shooting v. passing thing is always a give and take. Sure, if he adopts more of a shoot-first mentality he will score more goals (see Briere this year). However, less assists are likely to come with that (see Briere).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote