View Single Post
Old
02-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
So Cooke and Talbot played differently when Boogaard and Orr and Brashear were here? Nope. That's the way they always play.

They weren't distracted. Some deflections went in and a few players were returning from injury.

This notion that every time they lose a game, that a goon would have made a difference has reached the point of insanity. If Boogaard was here, do you think he should have gone after Letang to protect Dubi? Dubi needs protection from the oh, so fierce Letang? Really? Is there a single poster who believes that?
Did you read my entire post because obviously you missed a lot? No where in my post did I state the Rangers needed an Orr/Brashear or Boogaard. As for Cooke and Talbot, I do think they played a more peskier type of game. Is that because the Rangers aren't dressing a goon? I don't know. Maybe because Pittsburgh was missing three centers they decided to play a more physical/stir the pot type of game. If you or I were in the Pittsburgh dressing room we would know the answer.

As for being distracted, Prust and Cooke went at it at the start of the game and then were going at it to start the second. Prust challenged Cooke who backed down. The next shift out for Prust and Engelland, they go at it. Now was Prust playing the Ranger game of playing a solid two way game or did he get distracted and find a willing partner to dance in Engelland because Cooke wouldn't go with him earlier?

I stated in a later post that the Rangers didn't have as much "push back" as they normally do. Guys like Sauer, Avery and Girardi were very quiet. Hopefully it was a combination of a first game back from the All Star break and getting guys back into the lineup. Either way, I'm not panicking that this team needs a goon.

By the way, have you ever seen Letang fight? For a guy his size, he can throw em.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote