View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 04:16 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I think we have to let the season unfold a bit. The PP will take time as I get the impression that players who take a shift off won't be rewarded with PP time. Guy I agree with some of your comments and disagree on some others. I thought it was a tossup with Rivet and Markov as to who was worse. The way Markov left his position before the turnover on the Alfreddson goal got him benched. Hopefully he got the message.
Brisebois and Hainsey were well insulated, I found that they were used against the 3rd and 4th lines pretty much. I thought Ward was put in a bad position having to play a few shifts at center. It's not really fair to him as he just can't do that at the NHL level. He played a lot better when Bullis centered their line. I think the first quarter of the season will be spent finding out who is willing to play a team game.

Also let's give the Sens some credit, they are one outstanding team. The speed of Hossa and co. is intimidating. I feel bad for them this year as I get the impression that the whole year will be spent waiting for the playoffs to start. They have to win this year, and I would be quite surprised to not see them in the finals.