View Single Post
Old
02-03-2011, 09:57 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
First off, if you reread my post and stop looking up words that may make you feel smart... You would have recognized I am in no way a fan of the Leafs strategy at all. You should have recognized I was stating on a smaller scale that LA is doing what the Leafs have done. (Handzus Poni Stoll... remember Dan Cloutier. Alyn Mccauley)
Instead, you wanted to puff out your chest at your own literature. A simple reread and you would have recognized this but you elected not to and dig out your English thesaurus. Breviti. Are you for real? Oh my....
Speaking of the `real hockey world`, have you have ever listened to a proper journalist,(that understands hockey) interview a `real world` hockey player? So let`s stick in the ` real world`....
Brown Parse Kopitar Quick were picked by previous management...
Handzus(4 yr 16million), Clifford, Simmons,Loktionov(good pick), Brad Richards(trade -2nd rnd pick),Smyth(6.2 Mill salary),Ponikarovsky (3.2 - rotting on 4th line), Stoll (3.6 -look at his stats at 3.6 million- are you kidding me???)
Obviously he made some good Draft picks but that happens when we are granted with a multitude of 1st round picks due to constantly finishing in the bottom 5(due to his hiring)...But he also didn`t exactly nail it in the draft either.... Have a look.
Dean Lombardi`s 1st 2nd rnd picks by year since being GM & President
2006 - 1st rnd Johnathan Bernier(12th), Trevor Lewis(17th)
Misses...Giroux 22, Varlamov 23rd.
2nd round - Joe Ryan 48th Misses.... Milan Lucic 50th
2007 1st rnd - Thomas Hickey (4th overall) Misses. Sam Gagner (6th) Logan Couture(9th)
2nd rnd - Oscar Moller(52) Wayne Simmonds(61)
Misses - None I can see
2008 1st rnd - Doughty(2) Teubert(13- for camms- with full year left on contract from arbitration)
Misses- Too many to mention frmo Teubert onwards...
2nd rnd - Voynov Misses...maybe Luke Adam
2009 1st rnd - Brayden Schenn(5)
Misses - too early to tell but I suspect a hell of a lot more than people think... Overrated.IMO strictly... we`ll see what happens
2nd rnd clifford (35)
2010 1st - Derek Forbort Misses- wait a few years
2nd - Tyler Toffoli -Misses- wait a few years..
Do you honestly think that since April 21, 2006 this is satisfactory...what he has been able to achieve is called rebuilding?
On top of this... His big signing`s at first were Handzus(Fresh off major knee surgery- playing 8 games the year before and giving him 16 million dollars for 4 years...Ladislav Nagy, Kyle Calder, Tom Preissing, Brad Stuart, and the steady Jon Klemm...
Do you not remember that we had a winning record before Dean Lombardi was hired(42-35-5 - 89pts) that year... then it took him 4 years(68pts 71pts 79pts 101) to beat where we were before he was hired...
And now, we are at risk of falling back below again Where we were before we hired him. Classic rebuilding!
Do I need to mention Camm`s... Mention Moulson(50 games 29pts)...Bryan Boyle(53games 28 pts) Ted Purcell(52 games 32 pts.. These players have done great since LA... Make ya think that LA doesn`t have the right mix? He`s had years to get it right, has he really gotten it right though?

He never ever had and still doesn`;t have the right mix of players... Open your eyes afterall, we are in the real world.
Since the 2006 draft, Kings draft picks have played a combined total of 685 games. Only five other teams can boast having more games played by their draft picks: St. Louis (775), Columbus (761), Boston (733), New York Islanders (717) and Toronto (715).

Boston really deserves an asterik on that since that counts both Phil Kessel and Tyler Seguin, and Boston wouldn't have Tyler Seguin without having Kessel sign in Toronto, but whatever. Without Seguin's games this year, we'd be ahead of Boston too.

Of those five teams, the only one which is really any shock is Toronto, since all the other teams have drafted as high as, and often higher than, the Kings. Toronto is only boosted by a 2006 draft where Jiri Tlusty, Nikolai Kulemin, James Reimer, Korbinian Holzer and Viktor Stalberg all have played so far, though only Kulemin has established himself as an above average NHLer. As well, all of these teams' first pick in 2006 was a forward or D-man, whereas LA drafted Bernier. If they have drafted the very next player in the 2006 draft, forward Bryan Little, LA draft picks would have played 916 games, easily the best total in the entire NHL.

I'm not saying we've been perfect at the draft, but DL and company has been well above average to say the least and to bash him on his drafting record is just wrong.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote