View Single Post
Old
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Yup, because benching players who have not been playing well as of late is no uncharacteristic of Laviolette. I was totally against Nodl playing anywhere near the top 9 but his play during last years playoffs and early in this season showed me this kid has more to offer. Maybe he is a little too comfortable right now and we know Laviolette is king of pushing buttons.

I really think this kid can be a nice winger with Richards as this roster and lineup is currently constituted with a bigger guy to complement him on the opposite wing. I do not want Richards with guys who pass behind their backs, because then he thinks he can do that too. I want him playing with guys who earn their paychecks by hitting bodies, digging pucks, and driving the net.

Powe is a prototypical 4th line guy who can handle some 3rd line minutes, I really have seen Nodl show some real glimpses of being able to put the puck in the net and be a solid winger with Richards. This also gives Giroux and Carter a player in JvR who seems to play better with Giroux.
He had 6 (1 empty net) goals his first 14 games. 3 in the last 28. None in the last 13 He does not have the talent to play with richards. You really are misguided by what you think Nodl does. Each has their own opinion though.

Nodl has shown 1 decent stretch of putting pucks into the net, not some real glimpses.