View Single Post
Old
07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I'm pretty fair myself. What does it for me every time is taxes, though, as I believe that's what affects me the most of anything, sadly enough. Most else in my life would be equal (don't mean to sound so selfish, but I am the one in the end who must pay the mortage and put food on the table and beer in the fridge).
See I've never really been caught up in the tax issue. I know some people who that's their biggest, but I just never felt that way.

I view it like this: At this point, both sides want to increase their programs. They are very different programs with different goals, but they are programs nonetheless.

From my standpoint you need money to make this happen. To be the world leader, to be involved like we want requires money. I guess my stance on that comes down to this: I just don't believe you can increase spending and cut taxes. It simply doesn't work and hasn't for 20 years.

My big point is social issues but even then I am a mixed bag. I won't go into my views on that here (too sensitive of a subject), but I will say that I think my political views are the result more of social policy and what i feel is a better approach {though not perfect}.

I like ideas from both parties (of my fav. presidents it is almost an even split), and hopefully someday I'm a candidate who takes ideas from both sides.