View Single Post
Old
02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalownall View Post
Just take a look at Greg McKegg. He had very good stats pre-draft (37-48-85pts) and got picked in early third round. He still has a very good year point wize, but I'm not sure he's considered a better prospect for so
How is that relevant at all? How are Greg McKegg and Strome even remotely similar?

In stead of just listing off players that have had high point totals and failed why not actually provide reasoning for why you think Strome won't become a good NHLer? What about his game says that he can't make it in the NHL?

I'll tell you why I think he will. I've not seen all of his games, but I've seen enough, and after watching the prospect game I can say this. He has a blistering shot, great passing, good vision and hockey sense and great skating. He's also defensively responsible, scrappy and still filling out his frame. He finds great places to be on the ice almost all the time, and he's got pretty good dangles to boot. He can make a lot of moves at top speed and doesn't seem to let himself get bullied often.

Also considering he is just 17 I don't see why he wouldn't take his offensive success with him to the NHL. If he doesn't go top 5 I'll be surprised.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote