View Single Post
Old
02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue View Post
Yeah from an armchair GMing point of view I see it in a similar way, although I think Gagner and one of Hemsky/Penner are safe.

But here is the rub as it applies to this thread and as it applies to the actual GM, while aknowledging that Stortini isn't a guy that will fill his role on a contending team, he is a low maintenance guy that can fill his role on a developing team.

So why move him out now, when;

a) there is already a significant void on the team in the grit department
b) when you will have more important holes to fill come the summer time if you were to assume that some or all of these other guys like Cogliano, Penner/Hemsky, Brule(?), Omark, Reddox (due to size not quality of play), Jacques, MacIntyre, Fraser, Jones (due to free agency) are going to need addressing?

This is clearly a team that doesn't have it's house in order yet.

So while I agree with your take on which players are candidates to get moved I don't beleive for a second that we are going to see a turnover of 9 or10 out of 14 forwards this summer and all of that comes back to a line up that will get pushed around 82 games out of 82 games and continue to struggle in their own zone and on the PK.
Fair enough, I don't see that much turnover either but maybe in 2 years time we will see nearly that much.