Old
02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
A BIG no thank you to the proposal. Im of the group that wants to keep Hemsky and/or Penner around (Hemsky if I had to choose). Why?

Look at Chicago (not saying we are the "next Chicago") just saying if we want to be in a position to compete in the future. You have to have key veterans in your line-up to compete even with the Toews/Kanes you need to have the Hossa's and the Sharp's. Which is why I am a firm believer that trading our two best current forwards for prospects that might not pan out (one of which's stock has dropped significantly since being drafted) is out right stupid.

If they make it clear they will not re-sign, thats the time to get the best possible deal for them.

As for your line-up, that might be great in a few years and might not, but it is awfully young and lacking proven talent and experience. And would push the rebuild back several years.
I see where you're coming from... but why can't Hall/Eberle be our Toews/Kane?

Our blueline is beyond nasty. I can't compare it to any other team in the league. I'm convinced that out goalies are way better than stats suggest. At some point we need to make moves to get our blueline up to snuff.

Would you rather give up on Hall, Eberle or MPS? I certainly wouldn't.

Hall in my eyes is our new Glen Anderson.
Eberle is to hockey as Einstein is to astrophysics.
MPS looks like someone who could be a perennial 70 point Selkie trophy candidate.

Hemsky is great, but I miss weight when I think of him.

Penner has really grown on him... but healthy or not I still miss Smyth.

oust em both.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote