View Single Post
Old
02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Ok so after watching last night game it has become clear as day that this team is lacking a PP QB more then ever.

No Ranger fan can say that if we had a top flight PP QB that we wouldn't have won the last 2 games.

Gilroy(who for about 10 games showed signs of promise)is not the answer nor is Staal who has been on PP point lately.Staal will most likely become a better offensive D-man in the next year or 2, but he's not ready yet.Torts has even put Zucco on the point trying to get the PP going--while I like him there I believe he should be down low.Where oh where has Gaborik been until last night he hasn't even shot the puck at the net lately on the PP.

So back to where I started--this teams needs to make a move for someone who will get the puck and fire away(something none of the above guys do).

I know everyone will say Kaberle--don't think Bruke will give him up for a small package(aka 2 round pick and maybe Kund/Gilroy/EC).

My thought(not sure if Car.would give him up)someone like Corvo or Babchuk(from Cal)--and before everyone starts killing me about how bad they play defense this is a move to help the PP.Neither guy would cost a ton and either of those 2 are better then Gilroy.Corvo has 1 more year at 2.25 and Babchuk is a FA after the season so no problem with long term contracts and they wouldn't kill this years cap.

Sather will do something around the deadline but this is 1 area that needs the most help--not a heavyweight or 3 line center(Stillman) losing the last 2 games alone with getting 3-4 PP in the third period should tell Glen what the most important.

Bombs away.
While this is true, Gilroy at the moment is out playing Del Zotto by a wide margin so if anything Del Zotto would be the one to go not Gilroy.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote