Thread: Proposal: EDM/LAK: 2 proposals
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Penner, for his size, is not that tough to play against night in and night out.

After seeing him get knocked off the puck quite easily time and time again in the last Kings-Oilers game, I have my doubts about him being what the Kings need. You certainly aren't going to get a high pick and a top prospect for him.

I checked the Oilers board after that game and Oiler fans were commenting about his lack of fire.
Seeing all of the stuff you post tells me that the only thing you know about the game is what you read on message boards. I'm not going to continue to waste my time arguing Penner's qualities with you, you obviously are blinded by criticisms of 4 years ago. And FYI, Oilers fans are hard on all of our players. There hasn't been a single player this season who hasn't been unnecessarily torn to pieces on the Oilers boards, so nice try, but that point is irrelevant. I hope Penner isn't what LA needs, Lombardi won't offer anything decent for a player he didn't draft himself anyway, and we aren't giving him away for nothing. Penner could have a great future in Edmonton, better than Hickey or any of the other "great" prospects that have been discussed in this thread.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote