View Single Post
Old
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Very questionable whether Souray is an NHL caliber player anymore. This has Sandis Ozolinsh written all over it. Would not like being stuck with even half his salary next year--but without moving Drury back to Edmonton that would scotch just about any chance of signing Richards--for those who salivate over that. Only so much you can go over the summer cap--with Redden and then adding Souray as potential AHL garbage--it would cut into your buying capability.

I don't really look at Souray as a pwp qb type. What he is another big shot that needs to be set up--kind of like Kotalik. I imagine if he was close to what he used to be our pwp improves but the bigger need is for the guy who can set things in motion. Souray is not that guy--is very questionable in his own end of the ice when he isn't a liability and he's very very injury prone. Rangers might indeed be scouting him but looking at him over 3 games to make sure that one good game on Souray's part doesn't give them an incomplete picture. I don't think this is a good road to go down. I would rather stand pat and add no one.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote