Old
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Doesn't Drury have a NTC or NMC? Can't see him waiving it for edmonton
I'd love it but no way Drury waives his NMC to go to Edmonton, if he did, I'd have respect for the guy. Drury would be a good fit in Edmonton, they can use a vet and a PKer with the kids and he might be one of Renney's guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i think he can be dealt as a minor leaguer, but then the Rangers woud have to subject him to re-entry before he can join them... which would be a horrible management decision...

with Souray in the AHL he has to clear re-etry waivers to play in the NHL again this season... and it doesn't make sense for any team to expose him but Edmonton
The way I understand it, Souray can be traded to another team and he can be assigned straight to their NHL team without passing through waivers. If he were traded to the Rangers and they assigned him to CT then recalled him, he'd have to pass through waivers, but if they place him straight in NY, there's no need to worry that the Islanders are going to try to claim him. Besides that, he makes more than league minimum so they're not going to claim him anyhow. An example of this is Mathieu Schneider and a few other players who didn't pass through re-entry waivers after being traded.

Last edited by vipernsx: 02-04-2011 at 11:26 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote