View Single Post
Old
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Point on the $2 billion, Edge...

was that someone's paying-up for the sport. The profit margins were thin because owners felt compelled to dole-out $10 million salaries to stars, and $5 million salaries to the Lapointes.

Making people aware is one thing - being active is another - getting people to play is what I'm getting at - grassroots. Some is being done (i.e., Ice Hockey in Harlem), but more likely can be done.

As for the current product...my time's usually spent at work or at home, with an occasional stop at a bar. At work, I obviously care about hockey because I spend an inordinate amount of time chatting with all the HF Clowns. When I get home - I often do not have much to do if I've taken care of most everything, so I sit to watch TV. Aside from House, and Simpsons, Family Guy and Seinfeld re-runs, there's not much on for me at night. By default, I would gravitate to hockey, even with a bad product. That's me, of course. I guess everybody else would rather watch some dance-off, or a bunch of people stranded on an island. I don't do reality well - I am a Rangers fan after all.