View Single Post
Old
02-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
If the Rangers are scouting Souray, I guess that maybe trade discussions for other targets have either stalled out or just never got going. I mean I don't think Souray was the first choice, or 2, 3, 4, or 5 choice either but who knows?

If I had to search for the positives here it would be this, but I am not keen on the idea of Souray. NOT becuase I don't think he can play the PP. I do, he adds the booming shot, and he's nasty which is nice heading down the stretch...I never thought his tools or skills were the problem. I thought he was mentally defeated, and if he doesn't have the fight in him anymore this is 100% why he was playing in the AHL right now. By the fight, I don't mean dropping the mitts. I mean that competitive edge to do the little things and come out on top over a daily basis. The interview he did last year was very telling. He just flat out sounded like a defeated man. Maybe EDM sucked the life out of the guy? For that reason I say no, unless maybe the thought is Tortorella and Sullivan can play a little Dr Frankenstien here? Revive the monster.

And...If it's one thing Glen Sather likes it's the reclamation project. Still don't like it, just trying to understand why they are even entertaining it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote