View Single Post
Old
02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
So it's come to this. Rangers management(including Torts)has more patience with young players than the fan base.
Criticizing our fan base overall is a mistake. Sure there are the few pessimists (as there always are) who say trade DZ right now. But i think for the most part the fan base wants to keep him.

That being said, there are players who deserve to get time in the NHL and ones who deserve time in the AHL. If we were out of the playoff picture i would be totally for MDZ staying in the lineup and getting a fair share of minutes to further his development. But were not, the Rangers are in the heat of a playoff race right now. MDZ, is NOT the best option. Eminger has certainly proved to be a more capable and responsible d-man this year.

In five years, obviously i want MDZ over Eminger. But today, which is the most important game right now, Eminger should be in the lineup. When torts came here he's said hes going to put the lineup out that gives this team the best chance to win. That lineup tonight doesn't include MDZ.

By no means have i given up on him. I believe he will be an above average NHL d-man for 10+ years. He needs seasoning, and his entire career in the NHL has proved that. Kid has awesome skill, but needs to work on his defensive aspects of the game. He's a part of this core and Eminger is likely not. But as a fan of this team, the most important thing right now is winning, and Eminger gives us the best shot tonight.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote