View Single Post
Old
02-05-2011, 03:59 PM
jc25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
With as terrible as this powerplay is and how poor our roster is suited for the powerplay, I just don't see how you wouldn't jump at the opportunity to improve it...even if it is just "marginally". I don't care if it's with Del Zotto or someone else, but you have to do it.

The point position is an absolute black hole and it has been for years... Zuccarello isn't cutting it. Staal isn't very good. Gilroy stinks. Del Zotto is the only one that is close to being competent. And at least with him there is the hope that he will improve since he was pretty good last year.

Yes his defense is bad. That shouldn't be a huge concern though so long as they limit his ice time 5 on 5. We have dmen that can hold there own defensively. What this unit lacks is some creativity from the backend. A little balance on the blue line is not a bad thing.
I think they definitely can be taught. A common trait for any play manning the point during the powerplay is lack of confidence. They rarely move the puck to the middle of the points and all these teams know it.

I like the way Gilroy plays the PP.

With regards to DZ people just need to relax. He's so young.

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote