View Single Post
Old
02-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
In all honesty I don't know much about either.
My assessment of Pitkanen overall would be that he is a roaming offensive d-man who for all his offensive merits, is pretty much useless defensively. he pinches well, although sometimes at the wrong times and without having any coverage back, but he is a great PPQB and is good at a breakout pass. He has regressed this year, mostly in the last 20-30 games. Im not trying to make him look worse or better than he has been. He has the worst +/- on the defense in the last 20 games at -6 (while the most obviously horrible d-man we had last year who has been surging this year, Jay Harrison, sits at a +8) and his offense has tailed off a bit, but when he is on his game, he is amazing to watch. Seems like he just isnt on his game much this season. He is a UFA at season end, so a true rental. He jst may not be benefitting much from the play of Mo's system, which focuses more on a defensive game than Lavi's did, and Joni's pretty much no-defense defensive game is pretty much useless. In a system, on a team, who relies a LOT on offense from the backend and not as much on defense, the way I see NYR, he may fit in nicely.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote