Old
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
You missed my point.

Making the playoffs last season and scaring another team was an attainable goal, but was just the first step in a series of what should be attainable goals. At some point, this isn't going to be a young team anymore and the expectations are going to be much higher - either that or this will to continue to be a young team and the current core will have moved on.

What is that point? While it's true that this team has more potential than some of the earlier teams, they don't hang banners and schedule parades for potential. At some point, they MUST produce on the ice.

If the Kings are in the exact same place 3 seasons from now, will you still be willing to stay the course with DL at the helm? What about 5 seasons?
For me, that point is next season. If you look through my posts over the past two years, I've largely been focused on seeing us take that jump next year. I expect a big move in the off-season, likely at the NHL draft, and then a strong season with at least a trip to the third round. We should have the experience built up in our younger players to do that, mixed with a strong core of veterans and hopefully have added two top six forwards to our stable, on top of what we have currently.

We are set in goal, pretty much set on D, and have a good core of forwards, we just need to keep what we have and insert two point producers, one of which is a goalscorer with 40-50 goal potential. To me, DL has 12 months to make that a reality.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote