View Single Post
Old
02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompus Rex View Post
wow there are people actually complaining about lehtonen. hes stopped two breakaways and made at least 4 or 5 other really strong saves. outside of morrow, ribeiro, and lehtonen on one on this team has showed up this game other than kari. pathetic
He also gave up two unscreened short side goals on stoppable shots. Neither was off the pipe or some other unstoppable location. It was a very Turco-esque performance, honestly. Make some big saves but screw up the easy ones that cost your team a loss.

With the lack of talent on defense, this team needs their goalies to make all the easy saves, and Lehtonen didn't tonight.

Honestly, this loss bothered me a lot less than the others ones because a lot of the really nasty trends (other than the soft goals allowed by the goalie and the special teams issues) were less evident. The Stars were able to have decent puck possession, decent neutral zone defense and generally didn't look as outclassed as the last several games. As banged up as they are (and with the references to fatigue and some of them still being sick, I would lay money there's a flu bug going around as well), this was they type of game I would expect to see sans iffy goals against.

They also have four days off now, I believe (next game is Wednesday, right?) which should help with some fatigue and maybe even get some players back.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote