02-05-2011, 10:29 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
let me just repeat that...........

We have Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, Johnson, Quick, Williams, Smyth, Stoll,
Scuderi, Bernier, Schenn, Loktionov.........

and your progress target is to battle for a playoff spot after being 6th last year ?????

Oh boy.......... no wonder the players voted for Murray being easy to play for.

Our staff is full of excuses and backdoors to leave all expectations behind.
How do you wanna motivate the young players if anything is allowed ???

Actually Lombardi should step forward right now and give out the target to clinch the division title. It's just 9 points.

But... yeahhh... we are ahead of schedule... who needs a winning spirit
Oh NOW Stoll can be included in a positive manner for you? You've spent three years telling everyone he's crap with a hockey stick, and now suddenly he's a piece of a core which should be gunning for the cup? Get real. Btw, we don't have Schenn, he's in the WHL, not really sure how he's supposed to contribute to a cup run this season.

In case you haven't looked, we are in some pretty good company. As I post this, we have the exact same record as the Chicago Blackhawks, last years' cup winners. The Sharks, the other Western Conference finalist from last year, is only four points ahead of us, and were where we are until a recent three game winning streak.

We currently have the second best goals for-against differential at +20, tied with Chicago and behind only Vancouver (at an unreal +54). We actually have a better goal differential than teams like Detroit and San Jose. We are inconsistent, a by product of a young team, but when we are good, we are dominant, not just eeking by like previous Kings squads.

Frankly, I expect a strong push down the stretch, especially now that we are largely healthy, and getting the few missing bodies back in the next three weeks likely. Our netminding is very good, and our blueline has played great. We just need to start chipping in a few more goals, and getting back guys like Sturm and Parse will help. Additionally, DL will likely make some sort of trade, even if it's small, to help add to the attack, and any additional offense will make a big difference the way the team is playing.

While the Kings have been inconsistent this year, I doubt anyone can question their winning spirit.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote