Thread: Other: Arnott to Pitt?
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I think they'll try to do this, but it's easier said than done. I see them making a move for a solid 50-60 point winger that will cost a decent asset or two and then taking a flier on another winger that's having a so-so year. I could see them going to the Florida Panthers for the so-so winger. Maybe a guy like Higgins or Stillman or if they're really desperate and have enough cap space left they could call Ottawa about Kovy.
I think pens should be bite the bullet and move the assets to get the players they need even if it will cost a pretty penny. They have the defensive core and the system to win a cup this year. Getting the wingers they finally need would push them over the edge.

I know you guys are high on Tangradi, but moving him for Penner and Hemsky could be a solid move and a great benefit for Crosby. I know it's tough moving the young cheap talent, but as BobbyMac mentioned if Penner or Hemsky goes it's for a young player who will fit with the rest of the youth movement.

I'm not sure how highly you guys value Tangradi, I guess his value jumps considerably because he's cheap and can be a scoring threat soon, but if you guys feel like the cup is in reach, I think it is, then the move would be worth it IMO.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote