View Single Post
Old
10-10-2003, 06:58 AM
willie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney
Agree big time. I think Corvo is a legitimate top 4 d-man on just about any NHL team right now. He'll put up 50 points this year and he does a good job defensively because of his positioning and stickwork even though he's not a big hitter.
Wow, I'm probably Corvo's most ardent supporter but 50 points seems a little too enthusiastic. 35+ is certainly a distinct possibility. (if not likely)

But his overall game has been very impressive. I keep waiting to see glaring errors in his game but I can't find any.

He is a terrific skater and can skate the puck out of the zone. He makes terrific first passes and is also very smooth puckhandling in his own zone. He also does well enough battling along the boards/in front of the net even though the physical play isn't his game.

We also all know about his big slap shot and he got a few nice wristers on net yesterday. He also kept the puck in Detroit's zone on Ziggy's goal.

I said in the offseason that by the end of the year Joe Corvo will be considered our best defenseman and I still stand by it. He is going to be a real sleeper league wide this year.