Thread: Value of: Patrik Elias to Montreal
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Elias is a good player, but he is no longer worth $6 million per season, and we already have an overpaid Gomez that damages our cap space. We can not afford to add Elias if he was a waiver pick-up. Then, we would have to offer quality players/picks to get him. So, the reality is that we can not get him, and do not want him. A player LIKE him, at a lower cap hit is more realistic for us to try and find.

At this point in their careers, Plekanec IS the better player, overall. I know NJ plays a defensive style, but if you think Montreal plays an offensive one you might want to actually watch the Habs before posting. Place Plekanec in an offensive system, with an offensively minded coach, with players of a similar style and he will easily rack up 10-25 more points per season WHILE being defensively responsible. Again, no offence meant to Elias fans or the man himself, but Plekanec is better right now and I would not want him on my team if he cost $6 million per season for 2 more seasons. The Cap is just too brutal and I would rather pay that money to a young soon to be free agent defenceman from Nashville named Weber... (Yes, I dream a LOT!!! lol)

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote