Thread: Proposal: Parise to Van
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Bignews133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Bertuzzi was coming off of a 71 point season when he was traded for Luongo...

Anaheim recieved Lupul, Sbsia +++ and Lupul was coming off a 25 goal 50 point season.

Thornton Trade was pretty bad even still it was three roster players and Brad Stuart looked like stud defensemen at the time.

Heatley was a rush trade and still returned Michalek and Cheechoo.... Michalek was pretty consistant 60 point player (high 50's) at the time and he was young. I guess Cheechoo was a flyer but still only two years removed from a 50 goal season...Michalek seemed pretty valuable to me at the time.

EVERY ONE of those trades had multiple roster players...And at the time those players values where better before they were trade....

The Heately and Thornton cases seem more like poor player evaluations than only garbage being offered.
He also needed out of vancouver asap ... and IMHO I think some on the inside knew he wasnt going to be the same ....

I dunno ... i just didn't like NJ fans saying it was kesler or edler and start adding from there ... i think thats silly and just dont see any team giving up anything like that!

Some top end players are traded for a good set of assets but i really havnt seen a trade like Edler a 1A young great Dman on a wicked contract and a 1st for a very good forward.

thats all .....

Bignews133 is offline   Reply With Quote