View Single Post
Old
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Well I hope he falls in line with guys like Mark Messier, Jason Arnott among others. It all is in the way you want to look at things. Dude he just turned 23. It is not over for G. You can throw out all the stats you want. But you cannot predict what anyone can in life now can you? Anyone can say what has happened in the past. I look at G and see a young man on the rise with many good years ahead him. Thats all.
Who is saying "it's over" for G? Please say where that was expressed? This thread is about the next "100 point season" and someone noted that Giroux was "young" if you're talking about 100 pts, which you then made a snide remark about. That's ignorant. 23 isn't young if you're talking about high point totals. Scoring is a young man's game, the really good guys start early (as Giroux is) and a lot of the 100 pt guys are hitting it by the time they're 23. He's certainly a young player, with many good years ahead of him... but the reality is that he's essentially into his prime offensive years already, so to refer to him as "young" is ignoring when players start producing points in this league.

Arnott: 0.87, 0.88, 0.92, and 0.85 PPG to start his career when he was 19, 20, 21, and 22. His career average is 0.78 PPG. So, he doesn't support your point. He's also never sniffed 100 pts, so I'm not sure why you're bringing him up. His career high is 76 pts.

Mark Messier: 106 and 101 pts when he was 22 and 23.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote