Thread: Speculation: Power Play QB
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
All I'm saying is that any feelings of remorse, finger pointing, or claims as to "I was right about Fowler!" are way, way premature. Fowler is a quality PMD, but he's got a LONG way to go to match the competence that even Del Zotto showed in his own end during his rookie year.
I'm not saying I was right about Fowler. I'm saying he's doing a good job at the point right now for Anaheim...which is very on topic in this thread. That doesn't mean Fowler is going into the Hall of Fame, but it doesn't mean he'll struggle in his sophomore year like Del Zotto is either. Time will tell.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree regarding Del Zotto's 'competence' in his own end last year.

Quote:
For every player that was passed over by multiple teams and became a successful NHLer, I can show you hundreds that never amounted to anything. There's a reason that top picks are so valuable, and there's a reason that NHL GM's don't start second guessing themselves after a player they didn't select makes it to the NHL before the guy that they took.
I was just addressing the fact that you mentioned that 11 teams passed on Fowler. That means nothing. As you said, some people who are passed on never make it to the NHL, and some become superstars. Once again, time will tell.

Quote:
If Fowler turns into a regular NHLer while MDZ and McIlrath end up as AHL fodder, I'll probably tip my hat to all of the folks that shout "I told you so!" from the top of the Garden. But for now, I'm going to stick what I've seen first hand.
Fowler just seemed to me like the better selection at the time, but I will be VERY happy to say I was wrong if McIlraith turns into a star.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote