View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 10:15 AM
mydnyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
True. But I would really like to hear her explanation on how Ballard "made things the way they were supposed to be."
Lets explain this as if i was a 'hab' fan ...back in the Ballard days the leafs drafted players as 'favors' and drafted people that were not deserving because Ballard wanted it that way, he also forbade the signing of Soviet players (the Leafs otherwise were prepared to draft Federov before the Wings picked him, but were overruled by Ballard) ...he also traded players to 'spite' other players if they did not meet his demands (McDonald/Sittler) ...basically he ruined the organization while he was the owner ...my god, he hired Gord Stellick as GM (John Kordic trade with Mtl for Russ Courtnall)
...therefor if I was a MTL Hab fan I would have loved it when Ballard was the owner of the Leafs and "made things the way they were supposed to be." ...otherwise the Leafs may have actually been contenders before his death. (which is the only time I remember myself cheering at an Obituary)