View Single Post
Old
07-14-2005, 10:41 AM
DJmastamind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I dont know what kind of a butch, manly woman you're pretending to be but its not about "handling" anything. Anyone who likes hockey would put up with some pretty bad things to play the game they love. Its about subjecting women to this nature of the mens lockerroom. Its not ladylike and feminine to have a woman cursing and jerking around with the guys no matter what you say you're comfortable with. Nor is it right to have a women there listening in and getting that junk thrown around in front of her. There's a place for women and thats not one of them MO. It shouldn't be about pretending to be one of the guys.

Either way you cut it, that was a poor attempt at making fun of guys who are trying to shed light and make sure little girls aren't put in a situation that could be harmful.

Again i agree. I've played hockey since I was 4. I've played men's and women's hockey. I'm a high level player, and men play at that level. Women's hockey isn't usually that competitive, but this isn't about who is competitive or not.

This is about sharing lockerroom and the consequences that come with it. Yea I know the women want to be equals, but what goes on in a men's lockerroom isn't appropriate for women to be around, and vice vera. Guys, women can be just as vulguar, BUT that still doesn't mean I think shared lockerrooms is a good idea. Just too much could happen. Mental abuse, and quite possibly physical abuse, whatnot.

Plain and simple isn't NOT a good idea